Tuesday, October 04, 2005

An excerpt from the devotional biography of Rich Mullins, "An Arrow Pointing to Heaven." :

Toward the end of his life Rich said, "I think we cry at funerals--even at funerals of people we don't like--because we realize what a miracle a life is. You realize, 'This will never happen again.' There will never be this exact combination of genes, there will never again be the things that have created this person to be what he is. God has spoken uniquely here, and it's gone. It's over. And I think there's some regret, because we all realize, boy, we didn't pay enough attention."

++You have my attention Lord. Give me eyes to see Your hand in the people around me. Let me not miss the unique details. "Show me your ways, O Lord, Teach me your paths -- Guide me in your truth and lead me." Psalm 25 "Speak Lord, for your servant is listening," 1 Samuel 3

1 Comments:

Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

What excellent insight, Kim. I stand with you in this prayer because I don't want to miss anything God wants to show me!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home