Saturday, October 01, 2005

Those of you that know us well are aware that this time of year always finds us up to our necks in football. Between my son and my husband, we are currently up to 4 games a week and countless hours of practice and film (my husband coaches High School Freshmen (A and B), my sophomore son plays JV and Varsity). It is not unusual for my house to be full of really big, really strong high school boys. We have watched most of these handsome young men grow up. Many of them have been playing since they were 7 years old. I am personally amazed by how many of the boys we've known and loved are in the news these days for the amazing jobs they're doing on the High School football field. College offer letters, NFL aspirations -- it's all football all the time.

Even outside of that context, this post broke my heart. If you haven't ever visited Today at the Mission, you're in for an adventure of the human kind.

++Lord, watch over the young men you have placed in our life. Thank you so much for each one of them. Thank you for the love you have put in our hearts for them. Give them a future and a hope. May they all know You as the author and giver of their life and their talents. You hold them in the palm of your hand. May they grow up to be men of great character, good husbands, good fathers. May they always bring honor to your name, and may all their dreams come true.

5 Comments:

Blogger wellis68 said...

Me Love football...

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kim.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

The post brought tears to my eyes as well, and I think I will visit Today at the Mission often. We worked at a homeless mission for a season in upstate New York, and it is amazing who you minister to in that setting. And your prayer at the end of your post will be prayed over my "young men" today.
I saw them during worship yesterday. I saw them in the Spirit. My prayer is that I will also see them in the Kingdom someday, standing tall in the presence of their God. Oh Lord, give them a future...

4:46 AM  
Blogger Arthur Brokop II said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hey Wes, Thanks for dropping by -- you look like the "me love football" type :). You'd fit right in over here...

Mission Man (rhymes with kerouac) -- Thank YOU! I am very moved by your blog. Thanks for visiting.

Maryellen -- Thanks for your prayer. I always love when you vist.

Tatsuhiko -- I'm SO GLAD to see you are back in circulation. You are in my prayers. I love what you wrote about flowers -- it translated beautifully. In fact I wrote it down and have it on my bulletin board: "A flower makes the heart quiet". Thank you.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home