Friday, February 10, 2006

Many of you already know that my daughter will be playing soccer in Holland this summer. We have never been to Holland. We have never been even remotely curious about going to Holland. Now we are completely interested in Holland -- where to stay, what to see, who comes from there, who still lives there, what's in the news there, what is the weather like, etc, etc. Lately, as these things tend to happen, we have found ourselves inundated with information and connections to broaden our perspective and learn about this beautiful place (sort of like when you become pregnant, you suddenly notice all the other pregnant women all around you...). Even in Blogville, stories of Holland are abounding. First, I met Corry, a wonderful blogger originally from Holland. Just recently, have come across Dooce who is entertaining me with news of her vacation in Holland. (Start here, and work your way to the current date -- a fun read!) Funnier still is her husband Jon's simultaneous perspective of the same trip (start here). Hopefully by the time we go, I'll actually have a working knowledge of this place! Of course, I intend to share....

++Lord thank you for hooking us up with what we need, when we need it. You rock!

6 Comments:

Blogger JoMo said...

Hi Kim!

Haven't been on your blog in awhile due to new motherhood! :-) But hey! I can't believe you will be "next door" this summer!! It would be great to meet up somehow....

Love, your friend in England!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Corry said...

Anyway I can be of help...fire away!:-)

God's Grace.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Patti Doughty said...

Kim, we lived in Belgium for 3 years when I was growing up. My father bought a VW Camper and we spent our weekends touring Europe. We spent lots of time in Holland and I have lots of fond memories of gardens and tulips. My daughter and I saw hyacinths blooming the other day at a store and I told her about my memories of acres of fields full of blooming hyacinths. The smell was unforgettably beautiful, as is the country. You have much to look forward to.

Patti

7:56 PM  
Blogger Birgit said...

Pick me up some Vruchten Hagel while you're there, LOL!

You'll love it! I am going to Germany in April - we just went and got my daughter her passport.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Rulan said...

Have lots of fun on your trip. My ex is half Dutch. Watch out, they feed you real good, judging by the weight my hubby put on in the 6 short weeks that he was over there.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm working on some illustrations for someone's book.

God bless you and your family.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

SUEBEE! I'd love to see you (and of course your baby!!! He's so gorgeous, I just want to hold him!!). I ran into Lynnie. I told her of this possibility and she was "utterly jealous". :) You will not believe my kids. They've grown so quickly.

I can't believe how many people have been to Amsterdam (they even have a special "Bloggers in Amsterdam" program this month!) I'm delighted to know how many of you have had such positive experiences there. Thanks for chiming in!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home