Wednesday, May 18, 2005

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" Eleanor Roosevelt

I am moved by this quote in a way that surprises me. These days my dreams seem to gravitate toward those of my children. I want to see their dreams come true -- and their successes seem to fulfill me in a way I cannot describe easily. The things I used to reach for pale in comparison to the beauty of my childrens' dreams. I'm not embarassed by this phenomenon. I'm just observing. I dream that my beautiful children will be everything God has created them to be, and I delight in every step they make in that direction.

I believe in the beauty of their dreams. I believe in their ability to acheive them. Why not? Nothing is impossible with God. They exceed my expectations every day, and in this they glorify God to me.

But what of my future? you may ask. What of my hope? They are the embodiment of my future and my hope. They are my dream come true. Maybe some new dreams will come, but for now this is what matters to me. After all, what are our children but a dream fulfilled?

My life changes every day. My children grow older and their need for me changes. My body is unpredictable, my whims ever fluctuating. I do not know the number of my days. I have "now" only. This moment. And this moment could be my last. Thus I must live without regret. "Suck the marrow out of life" it has been said. Dream big. I do. I did. I have. I will. But I can't imagine it being any bigger than it is right now -- always so much more than I expected. What a wonderful life.

Thank you, Lord, for my children -- my incredible, beautiful, miraculous children. May all their dreams come true. Thank you for this life. You are so good to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home