Tuesday, July 12, 2005

This has been one heck of a busy blogging week for me. After engaging in a troubling discussion a few posts back, I prayed the words of one of my favorite worship songs, Open my eyes Lord, I want to see Jesus. Since then there has been no end to the "input" -- I have linked to dozens of sites that have just knocked me over. So many different voices: male, female, young, old, conservative, liberal -- all pointing to and contemplating Jesus. I can't find my way back to some of them (sadly)! I have laughed, cried, praised and prayed with a huge number of people I know now only by a glimpse of their hearts. I am becoming a "Blog-o-holic"! I know I need to stop. But I am suddenly aware of this unusual answer to my prayer, and as always I am blown away by God's goodness and mercy.

I have to say this: I am not a theologian -- I'm not really all that great of a Christian. I'm stubborn, and hot tempered, and pretty emotional about everything, and frankly if I kept thinking about it I could come up with several pages full of the things about me that are not all that godly, so I'll stop now -- you get the idea. The longer I am in Christ, the further I am away from understanding anything. All I know is that God loves me with all my faults so much that He sent His only Son so that whosoever believes in Him will have Everlasting Life. (You too, but you already know that better than I could ever tell you.) Any time I try to defend Him, I fail. He doesn't need me to do battle on His behalf -- it's already done. He didn't make it complicated, as some would want you to believe. It's a fact. The Gospel straight up. What you do with that is really your own business.

And as if to quell any doubts that might have been lingering for me, this bible verse was on the cover of the program at the church we attended this weekend: John 6:37. (Now, I've read the book of John in the course of my 42 years, I don't know, maybe 400 times -- and this verse didn't really jump out at me until Sunday -- so there you go. You figure it out, because that kind of stuff is just miraculous in my book.) Here it is: “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the ones who come to me I will by no means cast out”(John 6:37)". (emphasis mine).

I'm sure someone out there will know a bunch of reasons why this verse doesn't mean what it says. Here's the thing. I'm not all that bright -- so save it for someone who will actually want to wade through all that arguing. I'm done.

Thank you bloggers. I have had a great week taking a peek into your hearts. Our God is an awesome God. May you find Him in the simplest places.

** and just in case you have some time on your hands, check out this, and this, and this (hilarious), and this, and this, and this might be my favorite if not for this. And believe it or not, there were SO MANY MORE that I just couldn't find my way back to.

Lord, how I thank you that time and time again you pick me up and show me your goodness. I am SO SORRY that I buy into anything less -- but I do, even though I know better. Keep my eyes on you, Jesus. Thank you for the many voices you have shared with me -- the words I have read this week live on in me like the whispering of angels. I will be still now, and know that You are God.

4 Comments:

Blogger WoundedHealer said...

He is awesome Kim. And He LOVES US so much. That is the one truth that I have found that requires some soaking in. I enjoy your posts.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow. You simply could not have had better timing. Thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Birgit said...

I find it amazing how many people completely different from me can still express the heart of God. ;-)

Honestly, one of the benefits of growing older had been the ability to see that I don't have 'right' sown up. I have mellowed out a lot. If someone has beliefs that don't quite gel with mine, I still enjoy a good debate at times, but it is much easier not to lose track of the fact that that I am going to spend eternity in the same heaven with that person worshiping the same God...

Don't really know what that has to do with anything, but hey, at least I left a comment, LOL.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love when you drop by, Birgit. As always thank you for your TLC :). I wish I lived close enough for my family and I to have a pot of soup and some corn bread (or focaccia...) with you and yours.

Your Abigail series is AWESOME by the way.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home