Sunday, July 10, 2005

The last couple of weekends have been really awesome. It's amazing how the simplest things can bring such joy.

We spent the 4th of July at home this year. We rode our bikes to the beach in the early morning and came home in time to play croquet (3 games!!)in the back yard. We found a peaceful, secluded spot to set up our chairs for the fireworks, and though we missed our families in New York and Iowa, it felt so wonderful to be together - just the 4 of us.

Yesterday, my husband and my kids tiled the outdoor patio with beautiful slate tiles while I worked on an audit. Today after church, we all helped my husband with the grout. It was sunny and hot and we giggled and sang along with the radio. We were filthy with grout and sweat and sunscreen. The puppy discovered his tail and entertained us the whole time by chasing it and occasionally catching it. We ate an early dinner before my son had to go off to Lacrosse practice. It was just a perfect day. Everytime I look at the patio I will remember.

Thank you Lord for perfect days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home